TSA is looking for a Business Support Officer with a strong background in Finance.
Job Title: Business Support Officer – Finance
Accountable to: Operational Manager
Base Location: TSA office base - Manchester office
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 12th August
Responsible for the effective day to day operation of the Sage finance system for TSA CIC and it’s subsidiary TQ Ltd, including processing purchase and sales invoices, receipts and payments, debtor management, monthly control of bank reconciliations, and ensuring accuracy of nominal ledger.
- Responsible for all aspects of sales ledger, from raising and posting invoices to customers, issuing statements, monitoring aged debtors and in extreme cases instigating legal action to recover amounts owed.
- Responsible for all aspects of purchase ledger, including logging invoices, obtaining authorisation, coding and posting and timely payments to suppliers.
- Control of all banking facilities, including posting all receipts and payments, carrying out monthly bank reconciliations, setting up payments for approval by authorised signatories, processing standing orders and direct debits.
- Control of the nominal ledger, including preparing and posting journals, reconciliation of key accounts, processing in line with the monthly timetable and presenting a ‘clean’ trial balance to the Finance Director on a monthly basis to enable the production of management accounts.
- Responsible for quarterly VAT returns
- Responsible for payroll and pension administration.
- Responsible for the preparation of role specific statistical information including financial information for Team meetings and reporting to line manager, statistical information including membership sales, Produce monthly reports
- Assist with general administrative activities
- Actively take responsibility for personal professional development, updating skills and taking advantage of networking opportunities as appropriate.
- Work in accordance with all policies and procedures of TSA including Equalities and Diversity and Confidentiality Policies
- Reasonably undertake any other duties as required by the line manager that are commensurate with the level of the post.
- Familiarity with SAGE accounting system
- Education – to have Finance qualification – AAT or equivalent - NVQ 2 in Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience of financial systems, processes and procedures - Experience of advising on standard procedures and processes
- Confident, flexible and committed individual always striving to continually improve own personal performance and the performance of the team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and maintain relations with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision and using own initiative to continually improve the performance of the business support function.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintain attention to detail.
- Experience of working with databases (ideal but not essential)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Well- developed organisation skills making sure all KPI and business objectives are met within target deadlines
- This job description is intended for use as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of roles and responsibilities.
In the course of your duties you may have access to confidential material about members, employees or TSA business. On no account must information be communicated to anyone other than authorised persons. If you are in any doubt as to the authority of a person asking for information of this nature, you must seek advice from your Line Manager. Similarly, no information of a personal or confidential nature concerning individual employees of the TSA should be communicated to anyone without the proper managerial authority having first been obtained.
NB This job description is a guideline and is in no way restrictive or definitive and should be read in conjunction with the Association’s policies and procedures.
The post holder should be aware of their obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act and ensure its contents are observed by all staff.
Please send CV and cover letter explaining why you're an ideal fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 12th August.